All parts purchased from Intermountain Auto Recycling(IAR) carry a limited 90-day warranty. However, some customers may feel more comfortable knowing their purchase is covered beyond the standard warranty period, with those customers in mind, we have developed an extended warranty program. For a set percentage of your purchase price, you can extend the warranty up to two years. When labor costs are a concern, you may also purchase a Labor Warranty that covers up to $500 in labor expenses. If you have any questions about how this works, call us or ask a salesperson when you come in.
90 Day limited warranty on parts sold, these limitations apply:
- 14 day no-fault return on most parts, after that a 20% restocking fee applies.
- All parts must have IAR's markings to be returnable.
- Extended warranties are not refundable.
- No refunds on body cuts.
- IAR is not responsible for any consequential damages of sold parts including, but not limited to, labor charges to install or remove a part, loss of income, towing or storage fees, or shipping charges.
- Parts ordered in are warranted under the supplier's warranty, not by IAR.
- New body parts must be returned within two weeks in original condition and original packaging to be eligible for warranty. Painted parts will not be refunded.
- Engines are guaranteed against knock, cracked block, and excessive smoking for 90 days from date of purchase. To qualify, the following steps must be taken:
- Replace oil filter and refill oil to manufacturer specifications.
- Replace all gaskets necessary. Gaskets are not warranted.
- Flush cooling system.
- Replace accessories as needed. Engines are sold as a long block, any other accessories are included as a courtesy and are not warranted.
- Transmissions are guaranteed for a period of 90 days from date of purchase under the following provisions:
- Replace front seal.
- Replace axle seals.
- Replace transmission filter.
- Flush fluids and lines.
- Cylinder heads are guaranteed against cracks and to be within tolerance. Valves are not guaranteed.
- Electronic control modules and all body or drive train control modules are sold 'as is' unless explicitly stated otherwise on front of invoice.
- Notes on front of invoice supersede general limitations
- Cores become property of IAR and are processed promptly. If a part is returned, the core may no longer be available.
- Used tires sold by IAR are guaranteed to be mountable and have a minimum tread depth of 4/32. IAR personnel have conducted an inspection to determine the usability and to identify any apparent damage. However, IAR does not know the history or use of these tires and has performed no testing of the tires. The buyer should conduct their own inspection and any testing they deem appropriate prior to use on the road. Any advice given by IAR is considered opinion and it is the customer's responsibility to verify size, load ratings, and other information with manufacturer's recommendations. IAR accepts no liability for damages resulting from tire failure. IAR guarantess correct mounting, balancing, and torque specifications on wheels and tires installed by IAR. We accept no responsibility or liability fo items sold by IAR. After installation, lug nuts should be re-torqued between 25-100 miles or 2-3 days of driving on wheel.